Wednesday, October 3, 2007

We're sorry. We're lame.

So here's an update, for those of you who probably wish you could track me down and strangle me for not having given you one in ages and ages, but luckily (for me) you aren't in Colorado...

Patty is currently in the STL, with plans to return to our rapidly-cooling town of Winter Park around the end of this week. According to what I know, she did climb Kahtadin (the final summit on a Northbounder's AT journey), but had to take a diffeent route than most, owing to the fact that one of her arms is in a cast. That's right: less than a week from being finished with the Trail, our beloved Tumbleweed took an unfortunate tumble of her own from some logs bridging a ravine, and broke her arm.

The good news is: she's fine. The bad news is: she's a bit broken. I'll leave the details for Patty to post, or maybe we'll save them for the book. (After all, it's a much more original story now that there are broken bones involved, right? I mean, Billy Boy Bryson never even finished the AT; much less sustained a heroic (in the loosest sense of the word) hiking injury, and they're making a movie out of his book.)

So Patty's coming back. I'm stoked. We'll try and fill in the blanks soon.

-Sam

1 comment:

Fuzzy Monkey said...

Congratulations Tumbleweed on completing the trail. I'm glad to here you finished dispite the broken arm. It was a pleasure meeting and hiking with you as well. I hope to hear you version of the ordeal. KIT all the best Fuzzy Monkey.