Sunday, July 8, 2007

Just a check-in

Here I am in Duncannon, PA. I arrived last night around 7:30p and received the warmest welcome as I, along with Rebel, Big Shanty, and Fuzzy Monkey all approached this park in town that we had plans to camp at for the night there were about 50 hikers cheering and clapping for us! Wow...that was a great surprise. There was a bunch of trail angels at the park who had food, beer, and entertainment for all of us hikers passing thru! We camped there and went down to a famous trail hotel/restaurant/bar in town called the Doyle. It was a blast. I'm waiting on my mail drop here today and heading our early tomorrow morning for the treacherous rocks of PA! Oh yea..there is a Japanese crew that have been following the major waves of hikers this season taping different aspects of the trail. They are doing a documentary on the trail. Yep...they interviewed me! Pretty neat. I think I might be famous over in Japan!

That's it for now,
-Tumbleweed

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet I will have to research it on the internet and to see if you did any better in that interview than you did as a weatherwoman a long time ago which I still have the tape of. Love you tons -T

Jessie said...

So your crazy , but I still LUV ya ! ! Life is shitty without you here !! I miss ya so much I am almost tempted to come find ya for a week or so before your all done ! ! Sure sounds like your having fun out there in the middle of no where ! ! Well SAM if you read this I missed the last drop for Patty so if ya get time send them to me ! ! THANKS ! ! Well Patty I am going to get back to work , I so luv it here NOT ! ! Have a great time this week ! ! Luv ya Jessie

Fuzzy Monkey said...

Tumbleweed, forgot to tell you they caught me crossing the river leaving Dunncannon. They filmed me crossing the old river bridge.