Friday, June 29, 2007

It's tough out here

Let me tell you...it is pretty rough out here on the AT as you can all imagine. I've had to rough it thru the greyhound station of Washington D.C., New York, New York, and finally Boston only to hang out here on the beautiful beaches of Massachusetts with my friend Christy while staying with the nicest family on the planet!

Okay, so I had a little detour. I thought that after making it to Harper's Ferry, WV (the half-way point, well...mentally speaking) and the fact that the wonderful "family" I've been hiking with (you'll learn about them in another blog...I was told to keep these short) has all split and gone there separate ways, I thought this would be a great time to work on a tan! Except that I sit here now in excruciating pain because I don't tan...I get third degree burn! Anyhow, it has been a blast and I will be flying back down to D.C. where I'll be meeting up with my pops. We will then go back to Harper's Ferry, where I left the trail, and hike north from there. He'll be hiking with me for three full days! After spending that much time with me he very well could start hiking south!

I hope to meet back up with the guys I've been hiking with, we'll see.
So that's what's going on. I apologize for the lack of entries, the ridiculously long entries, and all the type-Os's (dad, thanks for pointing that out;)
Happy, healthy, and hiking north,
-Tumbleweed

2 comments:

Fuzzy Monkey said...

Just saying hello. I finally made it to Harper's Ferry as well. I'm number 465. wow so many have already made it here. Such a great feeling. I'll be taking a day or two off. Great to just relax. Happy Trails Tumbleweed. Fuzzy Monkey

Jessie said...

Ok so after three days of hiking with you , I would go south for the summer too ! ! LMAO Just kidding I wouldn't want to leave your side ! ! Well I am so going to mail that to you this time around let me know if ya get it ! ! I luv ya so much and it was so great to hear from ya last week hope all is well ! ! Luv Jessie