Tuesday, June 5, 2007

All Business

So here's a quick update on our friend Tumbleweed: just the facts.

Patty will receive her next resupply box in Cloverdale, VA; she should be there within the next few days.

She's hiking with an adventure racer who goes by DOT ("Director of Trail"; yes, he is that cool), and at last check was pulling 22+ mile days. Dang!

Patty recently bought new hiking boots, again. (The first replacement pair was purchased at Neil's gap on our 4th day out, in response to an inappropriate number of blisters on her toes.) Apparently her feet are growing and expanding enough that the old new boots are now too small. I'm predicting she'll wear a men's size 12 by the time she gets back.

It must be warm in Virginia, because she's sent back all of her warm underlayers.

She doesn't currently have her phone, but does check her voicemail, so if you're reading this, feel free to call and leave a message sometime in the next few months

That's it for today. Take care all, and happy June!

2 comments:

Papaweed said...

The picture I saw already had her up to a size 13 in a men's tennis shoe.

Jessie said...

Hey Sam I would like to know when the next mail drop is going out so that I can send her something , I would of sent it to the last one but I didn't want to miss her so if ya have the time to send me that info I would greatly appricate it .. Thanks Jessie